Georgia Hearn's Chocolate Mousse with Sour Cream, Crunchie Crumb and Strawberries
You will need for 6 people:
- 4 large eggs
- 185g dark chocolate, split into pieces
- 20g salty butter
- 185ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 Crunchie Bars, roughly smashed up for varying sizes
- Sour cream and chopped strawberries to serve
1. Put the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and let it melt. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Electrically whisk the double cream till whipped stiff peaks.
3. Split the egg yolks from the whites. Whisk the yolks quickly by hand before folding into the cream.
4. Electrically whisk the egg whites till soft peaks form. Add the sugar and continue to whisk till stiff peaks.
5. Pour the chocolate mix into the cream mix and fold in.
6. Stir in a Tbsp of the whipped egg whites to the chocolate cream mix to loosen. Fold in the remaining mix.
7. Split between six ramekins or put into a large serving bowl and leave for at least 3 hours or overnight to set.
8. When ready to serve, top with sour cream, crunchie crumb and chopped strawberries.
Be sure to follow Georgia's Instagram for lots more ideas about what to cook, wear, and lay for your dinner parties and other special meals!